Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter Weekend


So…What will I, a mere young mortal in the world of humanity, be doing this weekend of four day bliss? Well its most certainly not homework I can tell you that much! (Okay maybe a little, but I hardly count a two page English assignment as homework. And of course we can’t forget French and Math.) No, it most certainly, most definitely, is not English or any other form of torturous mundane task presented to us by the wardens of our school. Instead, I’ll be spending the weekend in Whistler, followed by a little shopping spree in Vancouver! It’s going to be awesome! In fact I’m so excited, I’m about to throw up!


Okay I lied, I’m not excited. Actually I’m quite dreading the trip scheduled for us during this long holiday. Two days in an incredibly commercialized joint followed by a tedious journey of shopping horror. Not to mention that my traveling and shopping companions consist of a) one incredibly severe, pensive father b) shopaholic, sensitive mother c) and an irritating, bratty, bully of a younger brother that I have to put up with for three days within the confinements of our car and hotel. Oh joy. Kill me. In fact no words-wait never mind. Kill me just about covers it.
I’m going to die. I hate shopping-if you haven’t guessed already-and I really don’t want to visit Whistler. I just want to stay at home, chilling out and relaxing with a gigantic slurpee and at least three good chick flicks guaranteed to make me cry. I’d rather mellow out in the rut that I seem to get cocooning myself in and seclude myself within the confinements of my boring room. Yep I’m in a melodramatic mood. Sue me.

Well, while my parents are frantically trying to pack our bags and get everything ready, I’m mentally preparing myself for the hours of verbal and emotional shopping abusive that I’m going to experience; Trying on ridiculously looking clothes, walking back and forth between stores, buying something only to return said item for something else. I’m going to end up bald, crazy and in a mental institute by the time we’re done! Oh gosh, sigh, I wish we could stay home but apparently we need to bond! (Dad’s words not mine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment